Monday, May 4, 2009

Links I'm Loving for Mother's Day

With Mother's Day fast approaching, I found a few things online I hope you'll enjoy as much as I did. Mother's Day is a great time to ditch my expectations and focus on being thankful for all I have.

I've spoiled many a M'day for myself by holding out an impossible standard and promptly being let down when it wasn't (because it couldn't have been) achieved - though not for lack of trying. The older I get, the more I see how much I've been given, how little I really need and how good it is to get my focus on someone other than ME. Oh Lord, thank You for all You've given me - for forgiving my pettiness. Let me be a blessing to those I love so much.

Enjoy!

Really Bad Ideas for Mother's Day - from Rocks In My Dryer (amen)

Transcending: Words on Women and Strength - Kelly Corrigan (a tear-jerker)

Living the Authentic Life - from Melissa @ The Inspired Room (well said)

A Real Giving Kind of Guy - by Dave Barry (giving from a man's perspective)

The Real Mother's Day is Yet to Come - by Barbara Rainey (loved this!)

1 comment:

Lazy Mom Leslie said...

Thanks for commenting on our blog! I'm loving the Mother's Day links, I'm off to read them all! I hope you are going to participate in our Mother's Day Madness on Monday May 11th!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...