Monday, June 8, 2009

Summer Reading

One of my all time favorite activities is curling up with a good book. I remember when I was in elementary school that I loved to go to the library, especially in the summer when my time was all my own, to check out a whole stack of chapter books. I loved how they smelled, how their soft, worn pages felt and what places they took me.

I grew to love several authors - Elizabeth Enright, Gertrude Chandler Warner, Louisa May Alcott, Walt Morey, Beverly Cleary and Lucy Montgomery. I loved a good series! I'd re-read many many books because it felt so good to be taken back to a familiar story.

This summer, I'm going to re-read some of my childhood favorites! Books like...



How about you? What were your favorite chapter books as a kid?

2 comments:

Nancy B. said...

Definitely....Five Little Peppers!

Nancy B. said...

P.S. I love the picture at the beginning of the posting.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...