Thursday, January 7, 2010

Today in Kindergarten

I've been subbing in kindergarten this week. Here are a few of the things I heard in class today...

The arm was wrapped tightly in a winter scarf. When I was sure no bones were protruding and said the nurse wasn't in right then, the scarf came off and the owner of the broken arm decided to be an alligator at the dramatic play station.


(Said with downturned mouth and dry, rapidly blinking eyes.) When asked how long ago this terrible fence catastrophe happened, she answered happily, "When I was a baby!"



My name is Mrs. Burns. But I answer to pretty much anything! Jonah shared his fishy crackers.





And after I announced it was free center time this afternoon, this was heard from a little boy on the carpet holding two handfulls of Matchbox cars, who was tired of writing and numbers and sitting quietly...


Me too, Jay!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...