Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sharing




A Tuesday morning in November, wet leaves on the ground and only a few left clinging to the crabapple branches, flat gray sky, 45° and breezy.  I love these days.  It's a morning for another cup of coffee and time to ponder what Paul means in Romans 8 when he says "...if indeed we share in His sufferings in order that we may also share in His glory."  Romans 8:17  

I'm wondering if I have shared in His sufferings at all. 

Completely undeserved.  Unfair.
Despised and rejected.  Humiliated. 

I'm pretty sure I haven't suffered very much in that way.  I know that living in a world broken by sin means unfair and undeserved circumstances that we all suffer. Disease, disasters, suffering.  But this is more personal.


"If indeed..."  The world will not love me for living and speaking the truth - it doesn't love or know Him. 

So am I living in a way that's costing me something?  Costing me anything?  My rights?  My reputation?  My stuff?  Am I willing to speak what is true?  What I believe?

"In order that..."  Sharing in His sufferings for the purpose of sharing in His glory.   

I have to think about what that one means.  Any thoughts?


And now, making a neck-wrenching change in direction, here are some links I've enjoyed:

Lysa is my soul sister.

Letting our actions boss our feelings around for once.

She nailed it.

Do you ever struggle with whether or not you blew your chance?

This would have driven me wild when my kids were little but now?  I love these!

For map nerds only. 




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...