Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Day After

I battle a certain sadness each December 26th.  I know a lot of people are glad the whole season is finally over but not me. 

Even though my girls returned much of what I bought them.  Including these:


(shirts were too small)

Even though we might have had some coughs and sniffles.

Even though I accidentally gave the wrong gift to a dear woman who leads our bible study leaders and was so completely embarrassed when she opened a multi-set of little post earrings meant for my daughter that I was speechless as she very graciously thanked me for my beautiful gift when she probably only wears real diamonds not cubic zirconia that come in a three pack.  Cringe. 

Even though it's lots of work to bake and decorate and clean and wrap.

I love Christmas!

So we'll recycle and eventually put the gifts we got away. 

But I'm going to enjoy this last week of the holiday season.  You too?

Here are a few things I found worth sharing:


Some pretty sobering findings about the Church in 2010

Made any lately?

How would I want to be treated?

On being a people-pleaser

A shopping trip and a cleansed perspective

Giftmas or Christmas or Both?
Good things to ponder

1 comment:

Live Aloha said...

I am also a bit sad when all the fun is over.... I try to make it last as long as possible... I love reading your posts. Hope you have a great rest of the week :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...