Thursday, January 10, 2013

Count on this {a repost}

Sometimes - most times - I need to remind myself of what is true.  I am 54 years old and I've been a believer for most of my life, yet I still surprise myself with how quickly I can slip into worry.  Or doubt.  Or feeling hopeless about something. 

So a few years ago I gathered a few verses on a sheet of paper and I tell them to God.  Out loud.  Sometimes while I walk around my house - hands out, arms waving.  (That part only happens when I'm alone.)

These are the things I can count on. This is what I tell my Self.  Because my Self needs reminding every day. 

I thought I'd share my Truth sheet with you - knowing you probably also have a list of verses that mean much to you - in case someone might need a reminder, like me, of what is really true.  (I put each verse into first person so I can speak right to God.)




This is what I say to God:

YOU ARE FAITHFUL!

Not one word has failed of all the wonderful promises You've given! 1 Kings 8:56

You Lord, my God, are indeed God!  You are the faithful God who keeps Your covenant for a thousand generations and lavishes Your unfailing love on those who love You and obey Your commands.  Deut 7:9

YOU ARE POWERFUL!

O great and powerful God, whose name is The Lord Almighty, great are Your purposes and mighty are Your deeds!  Jer 32:18-19

Wealth and honor come from You; You are the ruler of all things.  In Your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all.  1 Chr 29:12

You are a shield around me, O Lord, my Glorious One, who lifts up my head.  Ps 3:3

For nothing is impossible with You, God!  Luke 1:37

I know tht You can do all things; no plan of Yours can be thwarted.  Job 42:2

YOU ARE WISE!

I will praise and exalt and glorify You, the King of heaven, because everything You do is right and all Your ways are just.  Dan 4:37

Oh, the depths of the riches of Your wisdom and knowledge, O God!  How unsearchable are Your judgments and Your paths are beyond tracing out!  Rom 11:33

You change times and seasons; You set up kings and depose them.  You give wisdom to the wise and knowledge to the discerning.  Dan 2:21

YOU HAVE ALL AUTHORITY!

At the name of Jesus every knee shall bow, in heaven and on earth and under the earth, and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.  Phil 2:10-11

All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to You, Jesus.  Matt 28:18

God placed all things under Your feet and appointed You to be head over everything for the church.  Eph 1:22

Jesus, You are at God's right hand, with angels, authorities and powers in submission to You!  1 Pet 3:22

YOU ARE GOOD!

I will taste and see that You Lord are good.  Blessed is the man who takes refuge in You.  Ps 34:8

Yes Lord, You are good - a refuge in times of trouble.  You care for those who trust in You.  Nah 1:7

I will give thanks to You, the Lord Almighty, for You Lord are good.  Your love endures forever!  Jer 33:11

YOU ARE HOLY!

Your ways, O God, are holy.  What god is so great as our God?  You are the God who performs miracles.  You display Your power among the peoples.  Ps 77:13-14

Who among the gods is like You, O Lord?  Who is like You - majestic in holiness, awesome in glory, working wonders?  Ex 15:11

Who will not fear You, O Lord, and bring glory to Your name?  For You alone are holy.  All nations will come and worship before You, for Your righteous acts have been revealed.  Rev 15:4

You are worthy, my Lord and God, to receive glory and honor and power, for You created all things and by Your will they were created and have their being.  Rev 4:11

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this post Becky, I printed it off and put it on my fridge:) What great reminders!

Natalie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...