Thursday, February 3, 2011

Cross My Heart


I remember saying that when I was little.

Too bad my word wasn't always good.  In fact, I so enjoyed the attention I got when I told some real whoppers, I got myself in a whole lotta trouble. 

Too bad we can't always count on the promises others make to us either. 

But there are some promises that are always kept.  100% of the time.

These are God's words to me that I can know are true. 

They're the things I need to know when I wake up at night and my mind is spinning with all the what-ifs and I-don't-knows.

They're the promises I can immediately remember when something comes at me that I wasn't expecting - trouble, criticism, heartache.

They're the words that bring peace and trust and hope.  I can say:

"I'm not going to waver in believing God’s promise. In fact, my faith is growing stronger, and in this I'm bringing glory to God. I am fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises."
                                                                                  Rom 4:20-21


These promises I've written below, along with the list of God's attributes, are the words I speak out loud, telling my Self what God has said.  His word trumps my feelings and my circumstances!

God has promised to me...

I belong to Him
But now, this is what the LORD says— He who created me and formed me: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are Mine."
     Is 43:1

He will deliver me
You will not have to fight this battle.  Take up your position; stand firm and see the deliverance the Lord will give you. 
     2 Chron 20:17

He is always with me
Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.  Go out to face them tomorrow and the Lord will be with you.
     2 Chron 20:17

He will uphold me
Have faith in the Lord your God and you will be upheld.
     2 Chron 20:20

He will display of His power for others to see
You are the God who performs miracles.  You display Your power among the peoples.
     Psalm 77:14

He will accomplish His purpose in my life
I know that You can do all things.  No plan of Yours can be thwarted.
     Job 42:2
The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me; Your love, O Lord, endures forever!
     Psalm 138:8

He always does good for me
God, You will rejoice in doing good for me!
     Jer 32:38-41

He gives me hope
Praise be to You, the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.  In Your great mercy You have given me new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead.
     1 Peter 1:3

I am shielded by His power
Through faith, I am shielded by Your power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. 
     1 Peter 1:5
No weapon turned against me will succeed.  I can silence every voice raised up to accuse me.  These benefits are enjoyed by the servants of the Lord.  My vindication will come from You.  You have spoken!
     Is 54:17

He gives me everything I need
Your divine power has given me everything I need for life and godliness through my knowledge of You, who called me by Your own glory and goodness.
     2 Peter 1:3

I am becoming more like Christ
Through Your very great and precious promises I can participate in Your divine nature.
     2 Peter 1:4 

I will never be put to shame
Lord, the one who trusts in You will never be put to shame.
     1 Peter 2:6

God is leading and guiding me
In Your unfailing love You will lead the people You have redeemed.  In Your strength, You will guide me to Your holy dwelling.
     Ex 15:13
God, You have said, "I will lead the blind by ways they have not known.  Along unfamiliar paths I will guide them.  I will turn the darkness into light before them and make the rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do.  I will not forsake them."
     Is 42:16

He will constantly care for me
I lift up my eyes to the hills - where does my help come from?  My help comes from You Lord, the Maker of heaven and earth.  You will not let my foot slip.  You who watch over me will not slumber; indeed, You will not slumber nor sleep.  You watch over me, Lord.  You are my shade at my right hand... You will keep me from all harm.  You will watch over my life.
     Psalm 121:1-7

And after God said these things to you and me, He crossed His heart.

"Through Christ, God has brought all things back to Himself again—things on earth and things in heaven. God made peace through the blood of Christ's death on the cross."
     Col 1:20

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...