Friday, February 15, 2013

Thai Peanut Sauce via CPK

This is a repost of my #2 post of all time, according to Blogger, second only to my post on Gross Candy.  I'm not sure what that says about blog readers or googlers but I know this is one recipe you want to make!    



My last post was a recipe revealing not only my advanced age but also my un-hip-ness.  Granola.

Today, I have a recipe to reestablish my cool.  Thai is cool, right? 

Don't you love CPK?

If you don't have a California Pizza Kitchen near you, I hope you get a chance to visit one while on vacation.  One of our favorite pizzas there is the Thai Chicken.  They make a wonderful peanut sauce that they use on that pizza as well as in a salad and a pasta dish. 


One year for my birthday I got the cookbook they publish which includes the recipe below.  We use it on pasta and pizzas and it makes my mouth water just thinking about it. 

Thai Peanut Sauce - CPK
Printable recipe here

½ cup chunky peanut butter 
½ cup hoisin sauce
2 Tbl sesame oil
1 Tbl honey
1 Tbl oyster sauce
2 Tbl water
2 tsp ginger
1 tsp dried chili flakes (more or less for heat)
2 tsp red wine vinegar
2 tsp soy sauce

Combine all ingredients in a saucepan over medium heat.  Bring to a gentle boil, stirring for 1 minute.  Serve over pasta with chicken or shrimp and your choice of stir fried vegies.  Also use as a pizza sauce, coating chicken as well as pizza crust.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...