Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Weekend Highlights

I had such a fun {long} weekend.  I'm feeling like some bullet points!

  • I rode up to Tacoma in a pick-up truck with my husband and one of his good buddies.  I loved sitting in the back seat and listening to them talk.  It makes me so happy that Jeff has good friends because I've always felt so spoiled in that area!

  • I spent the day on Thursday at my boss and partner in ministry's cozy house, working together to plan a fellowship day for our adoptive families, a Mom's Time Out evening for the local mommies who have adopted or are adopting from Ethiopia (it's very fun to be on the 'other side' of that and plan an evening that I know they'll appreciate), as well as nail down some details for our next International Adoption Training weekend in April.



  • Friday was lunch out with my two dearest sisters and then off to the Beth Moore Living Proof Live event in the Tacoma Dome.

  • Beth was so good - she taught from Jeremiah on three roadsigns in scripture:
STOP

YIELD

GO
For me, I heard
Stop to notice God's work in the everyday.
Yield to Him - to His timing, His wisdom, His best for me
Go in His strength, not mine


  • We were done by 12:30 so it was out to lunch, a little shopping and then some groceries for an evening of snacking, talking, laughing and a movie.  Have you seen The Social Network?  Did you find it to be terribly depressing?  I guess there is lots of debate about how true it is but it was a very sad commentary to me about college culture and business success.  Ugh.

  • Sunday morning the three of us went our separate ways and Jeff came up to go with me to the dedication of one of our babies home in her new family in Puyallup, WA.

    This baby girl was abandoned by a birthmother who was incapable of caring for her.  Her name means "Blessed for the future."  Now she is in the loving arms of a mommy and daddy who are entrusting her to the same God who has blessed her for the future.


It doesn't get much better than that!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...