Sunday, May 8, 2011

Lots of Gifts

Today I am so thankful for the three beautiful young women God gave to Jeff and I. 

Making a decision to have a child--it's momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.
~Elizabeth Stone

Oh yes.  It's true. 



Here I am, before my heart left my body, standing with Jeff and his parents at 8 months pregnant with our first.  Apparently it was really cool to wear an awning when you were pregnant in 1986.

I had no idea what becoming a mother would mean.


Again with the stripes!  Here I think I was beginning to get an idea that I was in way over my head.  I remember thinking "I don't think I can do this!"  And so I started praying.  A lot.

I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life.
~Abraham Lincoln


I prayed they would know how much we loved them.  I prayed they would learn to love God's word and depend on it.  I prayed they would like each other.  I prayed they would be wise, admit their own sin and be quick to ask for forgiveness.  I prayed they would survive my mistakes as a mother.

Now I pray all the time that my girls will increasingly know the love God has for them and the deep fulfillment of life lived for Him.  That they see what a liar the world is.  They are always on my mind, in my prayers...


They're three very unique and gifted women...


Amy...
Creative, smart, loving.


Lisa...
Compassionate, kind, funny.


Lindsey...
Generous, tender-hearted, strong.


Three amazing gifts.

"I asked the Lord to give me these children and He has granted my request. Now I am giving them to the Lord, and they will belong to the Lord their whole lives."  1 Sam. 1:27

Happy Mother's Day!



P.S.  This summer I'm getting a son!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...