Friday, October 28, 2011

It’s the weekend!

I have two dear friends coming for a girls’ weekend (we call them Jubilees) and we’re going to stay up late talking, go to some fun shopping spots, eat good food and generally have a good time. I can’t wait!


I’m wondering why Pinterest hates me.  I’ve requested an invite several times but they ignore my requests.  I heard you have to be invited by someone who is a member so I asked my friend Karen to invite me to join.  Nothing.  I'm the kid slumped against the gym wall whose name isn’t called for the kickball team in PE.  I guess I didn’t need another internet time-sucker anyway.  Pooh.


Source: me

I’ve been thinking a lot about spiritual battles lately and I’m finding there’s a difference between being attacked (ahhh – why is all of this happening??) and actually engaging in the fight. 



All of us have probably felt surrounded, targeted and even defeated.  And we’ve all cried to God for help.  I’m being challenged to get very serious about faith-filled prayer and speaking God’s word over some situations.  Quite a few, actually - this has been a season of unprecedented spiritual challenge in many different areas of my life. 

You know what I think?  This is just the beginning.  I feel encouraged because I know what God has promised.  But He wants me to be sober, full of faith and prepared to use the weapons He’s given me: the Truth of His word and believing prayer.  I like how The Message paraphrases Eph 6:10-18, 23-24…

God is strong, and he wants you strong. So take everything the Master has set out for you, well-made weapons of the best materials. And put them to use so you will be able to stand up to everything the Devil throws your way. This is no afternoon athletic contest that we'll walk away from and forget about in a couple of hours. This is for keeps, a life-or-death fight to the finish against the Devil and all his angels.

Be prepared. You're up against far more than you can handle on your own. Take all the help you can get, every weapon God has issued, so that when it's all over but the shouting you'll still be on your feet. Truth, righteousness, peace, faith, and salvation are more than words. Learn how to apply them. You'll need them throughout your life. God's Word is an indispensable weapon. In the same way, prayer is essential in this ongoing warfare. Pray hard and long. Pray for your brothers and sisters. Keep your eyes open. Keep each other's spirits up so that no one falls behind or drops out.

Good-bye, friends. Love mixed with faith be yours from God the Father and from the Master, Jesus Christ. Pure grace and nothing but grace be with all who love our Master, Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...