- When taking my 90 year old dad to get a haircut:
Him: I remember only paying 25¢ for a haircut.
Me: How much do you pay now?
Him: Ten dollars – and that’s with the senior discount! Regular people have to pay twelve.
- I do not want to clean out my inbox. It is overflowing and it must be done but I don’t want to do it.
- Why do some people love to exercise and I have to use brute force to get myself out the door? Why can’t I have just a teensy bit of that whatever-it-is?
- I am detecting a theme here and it’s not pretty.
- My kids keep getting older. Do yours? My youngest just turned 21, my middle turns 23 next week and my oldest is 25. This is ridiculous.
- I’m reading a good book – ‘Peace Like A River’ by Leif Enger. Wonderful characters. Excellent writing. Great story. How often do you find all three of those?? .
- Today would have been my mom’s 84th birthday. I was getting dressed this morning, thanking God for her love for me and for her family. Happy Birthday Mom! I love you.
|Four generations - my mom is on the right|
- I already have more than enough flowers in the yard – in pots and in the ground. But I couldn’t pass up these beauties today. I am a prodigal when it comes to bedding plants. I’ve never had New Guinea impatiens. Now I need to find a spot where they’ll get only morning sun.
- And now I must leave you. I have work to do.