Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Seen, Heard and Thought


  • When taking my 90 year old dad to get a haircut: 
    Him:  I remember only paying 25¢ for a haircut. 
    Me: How much do you pay now? 
    Him: Ten dollars – and that’s with the senior discount! Regular people have to pay twelve.



  • I do not want to clean out my inbox.  It is overflowing and it must be done but I don’t want to do it.


  • Why do some people love to exercise and I have to use brute force to get myself out the door?  Why can’t I have just a teensy bit of that whatever-it-is?  

  • I’m reading a good book – ‘Peace Like A River’ by Leif Enger.   Wonderful characters.  Excellent writing.  Great story.  How often do you find all three of those??

  • I am detecting a theme here and it’s not pretty.

  • My kids keep getting older.  Do yours?  My youngest just turned 21, my middle turns 23 next week and my oldest is 25.  This is ridiculous.
  • Today would have been my mom’s 84th birthday.  I was getting dressed this morning, thanking God for her love for me and for her family.  Happy Birthday Mom!  I love you.
    .

  • I already have more than enough flowers in the yard – in pots and in the ground.  But I couldn’t pass up these beauties today. 



    I am a prodigal when it comes to bedding plants.  I’ve never had New Guinea impatiens.  Now I need to find a spot where they’ll get only morning sun.
    .


  • And now I must leave you.  I have work to do.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...