Monday, July 1, 2013

Hot (cont…)


As our heat wave continues, I have been a bit convicted (slapped upside the head, really) about my attitude

I feel like this guy:

too-hot
source

I have a basement that is very cool and pleasant so I have a place to sit in a comfy chair with a glass of lemonade and a book.  Wearing flip flops and cool clothes.  And deoderant.  Most people don’t.

9db4d9fb-cd34-4c2e-afa6-70cc29bc21dc_650x366
source

What would it be like to actually live outside right now?  Sleeping on hot cement.  Where people spit and drop their trash.  And other stuff.  Ugh.

nmc_2heat04gm
source


I have fans and air conditioning.  And ice cubes.  And cold drinks.  (Haven't I already mentioned iced lattes, for heaven's sake?)  Poor me.

284758-doctors-want-free-air-condtioning-for-the-elderly

I have lots of people who would look out for me if I were having any problems with the heat.  Others have to count on emergency personnel. Some are so unknown or uncared for they don't make it.

france-2003

I don’t live in a wildfire area, devastated by the dry conditions and experiencing the unimaginable loss of 19 firefighters.

Arizonawildfire6603002
0
source


I have so much to be thankful for.  So I am trying to catch all my miserable thoughts of self-pity, thank God for what He’s given me and pray for so many in great pain and need right now.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...