Thursday, August 22, 2013

Babies, weddings and Pee Chees



As these last days of summer wane and dusk comes earlier, tomatoes ripen quickly and crab-apples start to litter the driveway, thoughts begin turning to school supply sales and all things pumpkin.  Around here, we also have babies on the brain since our granddaughter is due at the start of September.  If I don't avoid the baby section of any store I’m in, I’m in trouble.  Yesterday it was jammies at Costco.  You'd think you would be safe at Costco but you'd be wrong.

Of course I am pinning lots of baby-related stuff, which helps me stumble onto all kinds of adorableness:

That Sinking Feeling
@bowerpowerblog
One of the quintessential mommy moments in my mind is bathing
your babe in the kitchen sink.


And the occasional funny:

Formula Fed Baby Enters Medical School (satire)
@babble.com
“I always wanted to be a doctor,” Barnes says, “but not having breastmilk felt like a black mark in my past.


My pregnant daughter now receives gobs of occasional emails from me with links to helpful articles, funny posts, Pinterest boards and lists of what baby items are absolutely essential and what are completely unnecessary.  Because she is so sweet, Lisa graciously thanks me for each one – bless her heart.  Here’s one I’m saving to send in a few months:

For the Desperate New Mom Who Thinks She’s Crazy Alone
@HuffingtonPost
I wanted to look exactly like I thought a new mom was supposed to look.  But in the first 18 months of Jackson's life I never met one other new mother who said that she was finding the transition hard, frustrating, exhausting or wretched.

I’ve also found a few marriage-related posts that I’ve loved…

Four Things I Wish I’d Known When I Got Married
@weareTHATfamily
Such good truth here.

A Wedding Under A Bridge
@gracefortheroad
This is an incredible and beautiful way to begin life together – serving.

If you want something completely time-wasting to do, stay up late finding photos on Pinterest that remind you of things in your past that you’d long forgotten about:  I Remember That!  I am embarrassed to tell you how much time I spent doing this but not how much fun it was!

And I wanted to share a song I’m loving – Sovereign Over Us by Aaron Keyes.  The lyrics are a powerful reminder of the TRUTH I need to tell myself over and over.

There is strength within the sorrow,
There is beauty in our tears
You meet us in our mourning,
With a love that casts out fear
You are working in our waiting,
Sanctifying us
When beyond our understanding,
You're teaching us to trust

CHORUS
Your plans are still to prosper,
You have not forgotten us
You're with us in the fire and the flood
Faithful forever,
Perfect in love
You are sovereign over us


You are wisdom unimagined,

Who could understand your ways
Reigning high above the heavens,
Reaching down in endless grace
You’re the Lifter of the lowly,
Compassionate and kind
You surround and You uphold me,
Your promises are my delight

Even what the enemy means for evil
You turn it for our good,
You turn it for our good and for your glory
Even in the valley You are faithful
You’re working for our good,
You’re working for our good and for your glory


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...