Wednesday, August 7, 2013

This is a no-brainer!



5276764416_843b7a838b
We do quite a bit of online shopping.  For lots of reasons.

Convenience.  Sit at home in a comfy chair or drive from store to store to find what you want…. that’s not a tough decision for me.

Reviews.   One of the best parts of online shopping is that you can almost always find customer reviews of whatever it is you’re buying.  So you can know if those sheets with the 1500 thread count feel like sandpaper and are actually see-through.  Good to know!  Amazon and many other sites provide customer ratings and comments or you can google ‘your product’ + ‘customer review’ to find all kinds of helpful info.

Price.  Sites like pricegrabber.com and others make it easy to find the very best price – even if you want to buy something locally.  It’s always good to check.

Of course, you must still be a careful buyer.  Read the fine print.  Or, in my case, the large and obvious print.  


download
Earlier this year, my sis-in-law told me about a website call Ebates.  It’s an affiliate to over 2000 online stores.  They give you cash back for every qualifying purchase you make from one of these stores.  How do you use it? 

Whenever I’m going to purchase something online, I go to the Ebates website, check to be sure I’m logged in and search to see if the store I’m buying from is one of their partners.  Almost every time I find it is!  Amazon**, Target, Walmart, you name it and it’s probably there. 

From the Ebates website, click on the store link and Ebates sends you to that site.  When you then make a purchase, Ebates sends you a cash rebate.  You earn different percentages for different stores and those percentages change so be sure to check.  Basically, it’s free money for doing nothing but going through their site.  You get the money after 60 days (so they know you didn’t return the item) either in cash via check in the mail or deposited into your PayPal account.

The key is to remember to go to Ebates first.  I’ve already forgotten to do that and I’ve missed out on that cash back.  Other than the remembering part, it’s super easy and we’ve already earned a couple of nice checks – which is especially good on big purchases.  We bought blinds recently and 2.5% of that amount was a nice little sum! 

If you already shop online – even occasionally – why not be earning some cash for doing it?  It IS a no-brainer.

I would tell you this just because I like you and want you to get free money.

But… for every friend who signs up with Ebates using the link below and making a purchase by 9/30/13, I will earn $10.  Come to think of it, I probably owe my SIL $10 because I didn't go through her referral link.

Even if you don’t use my link, you really should check it out!


Ebates – It Pays To Shop Online


**On some sites, like Amazon, Ebates only gives cash back for certain categories - check the main Ebates site to find out which ones.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...