Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Off the bottom


I am completely scraping the bottom for blog ideas.  I think my problem is that writing a good post would mean actually concentrating and being thoughtful but right now I am feeling much too scatterbrained and thought-less.  So you get scraps and miscellany.  I’m sorry.
 
IMG_7858
No, you didn’t forget your reading glasses.  This is an example of my photography skilz.  You’re welcome.


IMG_7851
Then there is this.  I keep walking past it and it mocks me.



IMG_7852
We have slowly but surely been replacing the old, dusty drapes in our house with new window coverings.  News flash:  window coverings are not cheap!  So while I wanted to use a 'Duette'-type shade for this slider, I went with these Ikea panels.  And I like them!  But, as you can see, they need to be hemmed.  News flash:  I do not sew. 

When I was in Home-Ec (**you may need to Google that if you’re not a Baby Boomer or older), we had to make culottes (**ditto) for the sewing portion.  I agonized over that project and after finally turning it in, my teacher gave it back to me saying I had forgotten to put in the zipper.  What?!  I’d spent hours on the dumb zipper!  But I turned that waist around and around and it appeared she was right – no zipper.  Completely baffled, I think I threw it down and that’s when I saw the zipper… inserted upside down from the hem and up the side of the right leg. 

So I am hoping the curtain fairy comes one night and those panels are magically hemmed!  But I’ll probably resort to this:

IMG_7855

Ikea knows that people don’t sew any more so they display this iron-on hemming tape right next to their drapery panels!  I just have to make myself cut about 18” off the bottom of the panels then iron a hem in.  I’m still hoping for the curtain fairy.

We had a good and busy weekend with our nieces.  There was baking and art work and Anne of Green Gables and yes, even Legos – which was the first thing they asked to do!

20130914_163909

The girls were thrilled to see the pumpkin vine taking over the back yard.  They tried to count the pumpkin starts but gave up after about 60.

IMG_7860

I am really concerned about how we’ll get rid of all those pumpkins.  I thought I bought a packet of seeds that grew into those small, ornamental gourd-type pumpkins.  Apparently not.

IMG_7862

Now I’m considering a corn maze, pumpkin slingshots and a petting zoo (for an additional charge).  Come by and help us get rid of the pumpkins enjoy a great fall family activity!

Again, I’m sorry for the complete lack of creativity on the blog lately.  And the blurry photos.  I’m a first-time grandma who is living far away from her grandbaby.  You’ll just have to put up with it, I guess!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...