Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Unlovable




Before we were lovable – I’m not sure we ever are – God chose to see us as good.

When we were utterly helpless, with no way of escape, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners who had no use for him… God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners.  Romans 5:6,8

God saw me better than I am.  Before I even wanted anything to do with Him, He loved me and regarded me as good.  And it is always love that changes people.  

Can I do that?  Love someone before they are loveable?  With the help of His Spirit - and Only that way - the answer is YES.

Lord, by Your Spirit in me help me love the cranky, the prickly, the haughty, the rebellious and the rude… because that was (is) me too. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...