- Have you noticed a new strategy being employed by door-to-door sales people? Twice in the last month, we’ve had a knock on our door that sounded like “tap tap taptap tap”– you know, the way a family member might give a friendly greeting before they walk in. If we don’t answer right away, they proceed to ring the doorbell several times in succession – another sign of someone who knows you, right? I fell for it once and was surprised to see a guy on the porch selling windows. Today it happened again – the happy knocking and the bell ringing. I made myself wait to see who walked away and sure enough, two strangers who probably wanted me to buy steaks from their truck parked down the street. I never buy anything from someone selling door-to-door and I almost never answer the door to sales people… unless they trick me into it.
- We’ve had so much rain lately that the peonies are either rotting or laying on the ground. I could almost cry. I wait for these beauties all spring. I did save quite a few, though. I ran outside during a break in the clouds…
It’s hard to be a peony in Oregon.
- One of my friends (who is in her late 70’s) and I were talking over lunch recently about perspective. She whipped out a piece of paper from her purse and made a mark in the center with her pen.
She asked me, “What do you see?”
”A black dot.”
Then she said, “Isn’t it interesting that nobody ever says ‘A white
space’? I am definitely one who sees the black dot in my
circumstances and I want to start seeing the white spaces more.
I pinned the slip of paper to my bulletin board to remind me.
Nothing quite like getting a slap upside the head from a good friend.
- The older I get, the more I talk to myself when I’m alone.
What happens when I start doing it when I’m not alone? Help me.
- It’s almost berry season… just FYI!
- Posts written off the top of my head could use some inspiration... just FYI!