Saturday, April 5, 2014

Links I Liked



Eggcorns!
@thepioneerwoman.com
Oh this is a good one! 
Eggcorn: a word or phrase that results from a mishearing or misinterpretation of another, an element of the original being substituted for one that sounds very similar or identical.
The first one that came to mind for me was ‘all of the sudden’ instead of ‘all of a sudden’. 


How Busy People Make Time to Read-And You Can Too
@fastcompany.com
I saw this on Ann’s blog (I love her weekly collection of links) and though I don’t have to work at making time to read, I know a few people who wish they read more but don’t seem to have the time. 


Kay Warren: A Year of Grieving Dangerously
@christianitytoday.com
"As the one-year anniversary of Matthew's death approaches, I have been shocked by some subtle and not-so-subtle comments indicating that perhaps I should be ready to 'move on.' … I have to tell you – the old Rick and Kay are gone. They're never coming back. We will never be the same again."


You Won’t Believe This and It Really Happened
@SusanNorris.org
Sex trafficking is called the crime hidden in plain sight.
What does a pimp look like? Where does he operate? How does he gain possession of a new girl? These are questions we all need to think about. The answers might surprise you.



She’s Somebody’s Baby Girl
@SMART GIRL stupid world
Maybe her parents cherished her, maybe they didn’t. But God DOES. She is precious and valuable to Him, and therefore she should be precious and valuable to US, the church.


10 Signs You Might Have a Need for Approval
@relevantmagazine.com
I have to admit to at least 7 out of these 10.  You too?  A good reminder.



Kids Were Here
I just love this blog… a group of photographers documenting evidence that kids were here.
Spend some time scrolling through these wonderful pictures!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...