Saturday, June 7, 2014

Links I Liked


A Hairy Situation
@motherhoodandmuffintops
This one made me laugh out loud.  Unfortunately it was because I could have written it.  


Eyebombing.com
I don’t know why I am enjoying this website so much.  Makes me smile.



My 10 Most Commonly Misspelled Words
@thepioneerwoman.com
Yep, I recognize all of them.  See if you do.



Here are two things I’d like to make but never will.


No Sew Roman Shade
@involvingcolor.com
The words ‘no sew’ were what got my attention but the part that has me paralyzed are the references to the mini blinds that you take apart.  Directions like “Cut away the ladder cord” and “DON’T cut the pull cord” make me fairly certain my windows are staying bare.


And how cool is this?


DIY Laptop Tray
@craftsmandrive.com
The tool list includes a counter sink bit, miter saw and power grab adhesive.  Enough said?



And on a more serious note…

Sticks & Stones & Words
@donnavanliere.com
In just a few minutes I knew that I was important to Sara. I mattered. Her words were genuine and she was gracious and generous in spirit.



Social Media Outrage and the Gospel
@desiringgod.com
It’s easy to make a living out of perpetual rage, even if the only media outlet one has is a Twitter or Facebook feed. After all, nothing signals conviction and passion in this age more than the art of being theatrically offended.  But the gospel teaches otherwise.



Pioneering Palaus
@worldmag.com
Many people in Portland have very negative stereotypes about what it means to be a committed Christ-follower. We were known unintentionally for being against things, and not so much for being for things. We realized that one way to build a relationship with our city leaders was to go humbly and say, “We don’t want to be known primarily for opposing things. Mayor, if we could mobilize 15,000 followers of Christ from these churches to love and serve the city, what would you have us do?” ...So we now have 252 public schools with an evangelical church partner simply asking the question, “How can we serve?” It’s been a revolution in relationships. 



When Community Cliques
@deeperstory.com
My actions were easily justifiable–even Jesus had the twelve, and of those, a little closer in, Peter, James and John, right?
Take time to read this one.  I’ve been thinking about it all week.

1 comment:

Joni said...

Thanks for the link! Glad you did....I've enjoyed reading your blog. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...