Sunday, July 20, 2014

Birthday blessings


Another year has passed and I can honestly say I’m thankful to be 58!  It still sounds weird and impossible because 58-year-olds are very elderly but nevertheless, how could I be anything but grateful?  It’s silly to wish I weren’t 58.  Instead, I have MUCH to be thankful for these 58 years…


I am married to the only man I’ve ever loved – the love of my life.  My daughter said to me just today, “Mom, you got really lucky marrying Dad, didn’t you? Well, not lucky but you know…”  I told her I absolutely did. 

Blessed.

Three beautiful daughters. 

My firstborn – my peanut…


My middle sunshine and her husband…

 

And my baby, who surprised me yesterday by showing up on our doorstep with a bouquet of flowers (and two dogs, of course)…



Blessed.

And the sweetest most adorable grandbaby in the whole world…




Blessed.
Blessed in friendships.
Blessed in meaningful, stretching and God-dependent work.
Blessed with help through hard things. 
Blessed with strength in every weakness.
Blessed to be loved and forgiven by my faithful God.

I want to be like the one in Isaiah 58 to whom it is promised:

The Lord will guide you continually, giving you water when you are dry and restoring your strength.
You will be like a well-watered garden, like an ever-flowing spring.  

Is 58:11


Lord, help me to fulfill my part of this promise and to be a light, a giver, one who meets the needs of others as You do.  I don’t have a fountain of youth but I have a fountain of living water!  And I need it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this post! Precious pics of your babies, the best gifts of all :) I'm liking your new look as well, very nice! I'm trying to figure out how to update mine but feeling very lost.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...