Friday, August 15, 2014

On my nightstand




The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane by Kate DiCamillo
This was a re-read for me but so worth it!  It’s a sweet children’s story (but every adult should read it) about a china rabbit who has some pride issues and how his life experiences show him what real love is… loving others not loving Self so much.


What Happens When Women Say YES to God by Lysa TerKeurst
My new favorite book.  Simple obedience brings incredible joy, satisfaction, adventure and the ability to hear God’s voice.  I will be buying my own copy of this one!



Wonder by RJ Palacio
This is a young adult book but also a good read for old adults.  I almost didn’t stick with it but I’m so glad I did.  It’s about a boy, written mostly from his perspective, with severe physical deformities who goes to 5th grade in public school for the first time.  I thought it was fascinating to think about what that might be like and how a child would handle the pressure.  In the end, this boy absolutely shines!


I mentioned that I was going to read The Nesting Place in my last ‘Nightstand’ post and I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed it.  A book about decorating your home sounds like fluff but the whole premise is how to make your home warm, welcoming and a reflection of the call God has on your family.  LOVED it.

I am also now reading In the Land of Blue Burqas and enjoying it a lot!  Boy do women in Afghanistan live different and very difficult lives.  I like having my perspective stretched just a bit, don’t you?

We've been having baby dedications, early birthday parties, goodbyes and getaways with dear friends... I'll share more soon!!

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...