Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Things I Love About Christmas


It’s weird that The Pioneer Woman had the same blog post idea as I did - to write about her favorite things at Christmas – and that she posted hers right before I did.  Our blogs are so similar that sometimes you’ll find this kind of thing happening.   So here goes my list…



Remembering how it feels to assemble toys



Candlelight service at church



Baking cookies with my nieces




        



Playing games.  LOTS of games!



Family.  Home where they belong.
(Actual people pics coming when they all get here!)



Anticipating.  I love the anticipating.
And this year we are also anticipating another grandbaby… in May!

We had a great message at church on Sunday, reminding us that Christmas is really all about receiving.  Don’t you always hear that it should be about giving, not receiving?  But we are desperate for what God has to give us, whether we know it or not.  And we can miss receiving during all the busy-ness.  Join me in taking time throughout these wonderful days to receive God’s gifts to you… His unmatched love, His forgiveness and grace, His strength, His peace.  He is a good giver. 

Merry Christmas!









No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...