Newsflash: Kids who will be graduating from college in 2018 have a whole different mindset than us older folk. Read these and see if you
These things are true of college freshman this year:
- During their initial weeks of kindergarten, they were upset by endlessly repeated images of planes blasting into the World Trade Center.
- When they see wire-rimmed glasses, they think of Harry Potter, not John Lennon.
- “Press pound” on the phone is now translated as “hit hashtag.”
- Celebrity ‘selfies’ are far cooler than autographs.
- There has always been a national database of sex offenders.
- “Good feedback” means getting 30 likes on your last Facebook post in a single afternoon.
- Since Toys R Us created a toy registry for kids, visits to Santa are just a formality.
- Since they binge-watch their favorite TV shows, they might like to binge-watch the video portions of their courses too.
- The water cooler is no longer the workplace social center; it’s the place to fill your water bottle.
You can read the whole Mindset List for 2018 here.