I have a silly, direction-less blog that I occasionally abandon completely because a) I have nothing of any meaning or worth to say or b) I get too busy/distracted/otherwise involved.
What have I been doing in the almost month since I last posted?
Good question. Let’s see…
Suffering through a hotter than average summer here in Oregon. You’d think that after 16 summers in the desert of Palm Springs I would laugh at 99° temperatures. But you would be very wrong. I truly have no idea how I survived those years because I am a heat wimp. It’s cloudy and cool this morning and I (along with my fellow native Oregonians) feel alive again.
Begrudgingly settling for technology connections instead of face to face time with my granddaughters. Facetime is no substitute for real life but it has been my touchpoint this last month. Yesterday while I was talking with Lisa on the computer I heard my tablet ‘ring’. At the same time, Lisa realized that Hadley had found their iPad and was calling me on Skype. Yes, my not-quite-two-year-old Mensa prodigy has seen her mommy do it many times and can now find the Skype icon, choose a contact and make a video call. Do you think this is the 21st century equivalent to my kids being able to insert a video cassette in the VCR? We laughed and laughed. I feel sure Hadley felt her mommy was hogging Facetime and wanted her own connection to her Nammy.
Trying to determine what God's will is. How do you find direction from God? Here’s what I KNOW:
- He wants me to ask Him - He loves to help me – just like I love to help my children.
You don’t have because you don’t ask. James 4:2
- Knowing Him is more important than knowing exactly what to do - He wants shared life with me. He shows me more and more of what He’s like through these times of decision-making.
My determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly. Phil 3:10
- He can help me avoid wrong choices - Bottom line? He is always in control.
The Spirit did not allow them….. Acts 16:6-7
- Fear can never be the basis for a decision - I need to look deep down to see if fear is determining what I choose to do or not do.
God has not given us a spirit of fear but of power, love and a sound mind. 2 Tim 1:7
- Obedience leads to closeness to Him and great joy - Why do we think doing God’s will means difficulty and pain? What father doesn’t give his child a blessing for obeying?
Even more blessed are those who hear the word of God and put it into practice! Luke 11:28
- I can trust Him to lead me - He is completely worth trusting because He will never fail me!
You have not forsaken those who seek You. Psalm 9:10