You know you’ve been married for 31 years when…
- you get out a calculator in order to figure out it is 31 and not 32 years
- you start wondering if you sent a thank you card to the person who provided ice cream for your reception or the person who let you use their beach house for your honeymoon
- your kids are older than Russell Wilson
- you’re happy to celebrate in a cozy restaurant with good food and cracked vinyl booths instead of a fancy place that rotates 360°
- you don’t even take a photo of yourselves on your anniversary getaway at the Oregon coast
We had a wonderful couple of days in Cannon Beach during a huge rain and wind storm. Our hotel looked right out onto the beach and we sat by the fireplace to watch the fury. Clam chowder, fish and chips, good coffee at Insomnia and few other ‘tourists’ made for a great anniversary!
I am so very thankful for my husband and best friend. I’m thankful that he still likes me. I’m thankful we love our marriage as well as each other. In many ways it seems like we have been part of each other’s lives for always. We’re grateful for 31 years of life together. God is faithful in a million ways and that has been the theme of our marriage. We’re looking forward to what He has in store in the days and years to come!