Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Pop and clash


I like HOT colors in the garden.


Don’t get me wrong… I think pastel flowers are beautiful.  The light pink peonies my mom planted in my yard many years ago are some of my favorites every May and June.


But for some reason when I pick out flowers to plant I always go for these HOT colors. 


I like how they pop and clash.  Do your flowers pop and clash?


I sometimes think - I really should have a spot with pretty white impatiens or coral geraniums or a border of light yellow petunias. 


But then I get to the nursery and am drawn like a magnet to magentas, electric purples, bright yellows and poppy reds. 

Do you think it could be my extroverted personality?


Now, because I am trying to make a transition to perennials, I’m waiting for my newest dahlias to bud – in bright shades of pink and purple. 

This is a new one my friend Liane gave me this year.  Isn’t it beautiful?  Thanks Lee! (She knows me.)


I’m glad there are no rules in the garden when it comes to color.  


I think God is a fabulous artist, don’t you agree?


I mean really  FABULOUS!


And I love this time of year when we get to enjoy and marvel at His creativity and intricate design and attention to the smallest detail in every flower He has made.


 Through everything God made, people can clearly see His invisible qualities— His eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God.

Romans 1:20


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...