Tuesday, March 31, 2015

To know Him


 I love this verse in the Amplified bible...

My determined purpose is that I may know Him, that I may progressively become more deeply and intimately acquainted with Him, perceiving and recognizing and understanding the wonders of His Person more strongly and more clearly
and in that same way experience the power of His resurrection which overflows and is active in those who believe Him,
and that I may be a partner with Him in His sufferings, by being continually conformed inwardly into His likeness, even to His death [saying yes to the Father's will as He did]
Phil 3:10


I think this is the answer to everything.

When we know God - His power and goodness and wisdom and creativity and ability and love - all of our worries fall into the right perspective because of Who is in control.

Our fears are calmed because of Who is caring for us.

Our struggles don't overwhelm us because we can say "I know the One who keeps His promise to work this out for some kind of good."

Our questions rest because we know we can trust His wisdom, even if we can't figure out how.

Our problems shrink in light of His incredible power and ability.


Lord, help me know You.  Let that be my determined purpose.




1 comment:

Nancy E. said...

Amen!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...