Friday, April 15, 2011

Perspective



I'm linking up to The Gypsy Mama's challenge to 'just write and not worry if it's just right.'  Today's topic:  On Distance

GO...

I often think about my perspective. Perspective determines how I react to something and even how I feel.

Take for instance my house...
When some people have come over, I've felt embarrassed by our old furniture or fading drapes or walls that need painting.
When other people have visited, I've felt embarrassed by how much room we have, how much food is in the cupboard and how comfortably we live.
Same house. Different perspective.

My perspective changes all the time and is too often affected by how I feel or by an experience that has hurt me or marked me in some way. It's sometimes a cup half-full and other times it's half-empty. It's unreliable, unpredictable and - most times - it's uninformed.


I've always loved the King James version of Psalm 34:3
O Magnify the Lord with me and let us exalt His name together!

I tend to magnify all the wrong things - my needs, other people's irritating behaviors or all my 'what-ifs.' They become huge in my mind.

When I magnify Him, all else takes its proper perspective.  He's the huge one and everything else is under His feet, subject to His will. Everything!

I've been asking lately for God to give me His perspective on the circumstances in my life. What better perspective could there ever be? He sees all, understands the reasons He allows certain things I don't like and actually controls the outcome.

So if I want to get His point of view and start thinking based on the Truth, I have to change my starting point.  Because perspective is based on location.  Seated with Him is a great perspective.

STOP.


Be sure to check out the other five minute writers at

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...