Wednesday, December 14, 2011

All Is Calm

 
I am looking forward to when all the shopping is done, all the baking is happily sealed up in pretty tins, all the gifts are wrapped and under the tree.
 
I am looking forward to some time in the living room with only the Christmas tree lights on, Christmas music and a big mug of decaf. Doing nothing but sitting and quieting my racing heart to worship.
 
I am looking forward to welcoming my kids home, all the chairs full around the table, playing games, noise and laughter.
 
But THIS day is the one that counts. Right in the midst of lots to do, lists and appointments, a messy desk and unfinished work.
 
“But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart.”  
Luke 2:19

I imagine Mary had a few things swirling through her mind as she sat looking at her tiny Son.  I wonder what things she treasured up and pondered.  God had done a miracle in her physical body and He was also working in her spirit… she couldn’t help but burst into praise!

That’s how I want to be – like Mary.


Oh, how I praise You, Lord. 
My spirit rejoices in God my Savior! 
For You chose me, a nobody in the world’s eyes,
and because of You, many can see the hand of God in me.
For You set Yourself apart from every man-made answer, every religious dogma, every prideful theory.
You have done GREAT things for me and in me.
You extend Your mercy down through the generations
to anyone who humbles themselves before You. 
Your mighty arm has done AMAZING things! 
(paraphrase Luke 1:46-51)

.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...