Thursday, September 27, 2012

Oh Gary


If you need a chuckle, browse around on the Catalog Living website – it’s a dry little jab at the excesses of our culture, seen through the eyes of an imaginary couple – Gary and Elaine – who live in the pages of those home décor catalogs.  Here are a couple of my recent favs:


"Gary, what did I tell you? You leave the back door open and the patchwork ceramic dog is going to come after our food."



"You actually did get more birthday presents than this Elaine, but they didn’t match the shelving unit so I had them destroyed."



"Gary was torn. He wanted the lumbar support offered by an additional pillow, but he couldn’t help but be afraid he would forget how to
get to the beach the next morning."


I  don’t know why I like these so much.  I’ve blogged (here and here) about Gary and Elaine before.

It’s one of those things that make me say "I wish I’d thought of that!" because I think it would be so much fun to write these captions full time!  Of course it would be more fun if a whole bunch of us were in the same room looking through a catalog together but…

Let’s try one, shall we?  Leave a comment with your own caption:


**Here's mine:  Gary couldn't quite pinpoint the foul odor in the air whenever he watched TV in the living room.


 Come on, you know you want to!

.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...