Friday, March 14, 2014

I am Grammy


I am sure enjoying my new identity.  And it seems I have a new set of behaviors as well!

  1. I can spot another grandparent a mile away. 

  2. I am willing to drive clear across town to purchase a pack n play I found on Craigslist.

  3. My trip around the perimeter of the Tarjay aisles to check on clearance deals now always includes a tour through the baby section to see what’s new.  I have a big old drawer dedicated to what I find there (and anywhere else).

  4. I’ve always chuckled to myself when others brag about how smart their little grandson Wyatt is.  But I can honestly tell you that Hadley is very advanced.  



  5. I would never brag though…
    she is only on the first book in this series for emergent readers.

  6. When we visit our kids I now have to be careful not to cruise right past my own daughters to greet that baby with a big kiss.  I’ve done it several times already… Yikes.

  7. It’s complete joy to watch my girls LOVE being aunties…


  1. Pinterest has morphed into a place to pin children’s books and toddler activities. 

  2. I think about how much fun it would have been to have Facetime with my mom when we lived so far away from her and the girls were little.  I act like a complete doofus in front of that computer monitor trying to get Hadley to smile.  I have no shame.

  3. I confess to extreme waves of jealousy over anyone who gets to see her more than I do.

  4. I have an excuse to put out bunnies and chicks again without any embarrassment.

  5. I am forever forwarding links to new mommy blog posts to my daughter.  “I thought you’d be interested in this step-by-step guide to making a bunting for the baby’s room.” ~or~  “Here’s one about getting your baby to sleep through the night.”  I’m sure she rolls her eyes but she always thanks me anyway because she is nice.

  6. There is nothing like watching the man you love being ‘Papa’. 



1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are so blessed. Love little girls! She is a doll.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...