Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Helping me to worship


What helps keep you aware of God’s presence right in the middle of trouble and difficulty and even in life’s daily-ness?  One of the best for me is worship music. 

It redirects my thoughts onto what is TRUE instead of on how I FEEL.  It lifts my focus from my circumstances onto Jesus.  It reminds me of who God is and what He can do.

These songs – a few new but mostly not-so-new – have been on my playlist lately.  These words help bring me right into God’s presence.  I’d love to hear worship music you’re listening to in the comments – please share!



Overwhelmed
Big Daddy Weave
I delight myself in You, captivated by Your beauty
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You
God I run into Your arms Unashamed because of mercy
I’m overwhelmed, I’m overwhelmed by You




Who, oh Lord, could save themselves
Their own soul could heal?
Our shame was deeper than the sea
Your grace is deeper still…
For when our hearts were far away
Your love went further still
Yes, your love goes further still



Lord I Need You
Matt Maher
Where sin runs deep Your grace is more
Where grace is found is where You are
And where You are, Lord, I am free
Holiness is Christ in me
Lord, I need You, oh, I need You
Every hour I need You
My one defense, my righteousness
Oh God, how I need You




Speechless
Phillips Craig & Dean
There are no words to describe
Who You are, Jesus Christ
No one compares
You leave us speechless, breathless
Jesus, worthy, worthy
There is no one like You, God
No one like You, God




What can we say to describe just a glimpse of Your Glory
How can our words portray but a thread of Your Majesty
But still we praise our Savior in Spirit and in Truth
For we cannot say enough about You




Great and greatly to be praised
Name above all other names
Powerful and strong to save
Hallelujah, our God reigns!
Glory in the highest place
King of mercy, God of grace
Together let the earth proclaim
Hallelujah, our God reigns


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...