Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The sound of silence

Hello!  Remember me?  You’re very kind to visit here even though I haven’t shown up for a while.

Since Jeff came home over a week ago I’ve had two of my girls home as well and I have loved having a busy, people-filled house again!  Me, home alone for a month, is not a good thing.  But I've already told you that.

Blogging has taken a back seat – and I’m good with that! 

I’ll share a few books I’ve read lately and promise to get back to blogging a bit more regularly!


Riding The Bus With My Sister
Rachel, a busy, accomplished writer accompanies her intellectually disabled sister for a year on her daily bus rides and discovers that her sister has found how pay attention to what really matters.



The Whistling Season
This is the beautifully written story of a widowed farmer in the early 1900’s who hires a housekeeper via newspaper ad to help raise his three sons.  The characters are richly described and there are surprising twists and turns in this good novel.



Rooms
My friend Karen loaned me this unique story set in Seattle and Cannon Beach, Oregon about the spiritual journey of a man facing the wounds of his past as God confronts him in the various rooms in a house representing his soul.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...