Tuesday, August 16, 2011

I have nothing to say

I've been racking my brain (wracking?) trying to come up with something to write about.

I don't know if it's the post-wedding slump, the lazy days of summer or my recent colonoscopy.   (Even when I try to share something meaningful, the people I link to delete their insightful posts - so what's a girl to do?)  Today, all you're going to get is run-off.

Ready?

I love coffee.  I love it hot or cold, venti or a shot, sweetened or not.  And the beans it comes from aren't so bad either.


    The colors of these coffee beans remind me of that best of all seasons:  Fall.

    I. Love. Fall.

    Only this year, for the first time, I am not dying for it to arrive, only because our summer has been kind of short.  But next month, if you live in the NW, you'll start to smell the change of seasons and you'll see me with a permanent grin on my face.  (That is not really true.  And it only reveals that I am a shallow person, dependent on my surroundings and the outside temperature for my happiness.)


      Now the above picture reminds me a little bit of the final scene in the movie I saw this week in a real theater - The Help.  I enjoyed the book and I enjoyed the movie.  I thought the acting was superb.  I don't think it's strictly a chick flick either.  My husband went with me, unsure of his place in a theater full of women, but he really wasn't the only man and he enjoyed it too.  This reveals his true character - that of an all-around good guy.



      This scene from the movie reminds me of how important it is to have good friends.  These girls are anything but.  Proverbs 12:26 says that a righteous man is cautious in friendship - true that.  Aren't good friends a source of encouragement, strength and joy?  Friendship is one of God's most wonderful gifts.


        So here I am with two of my oldest and dearest friends, Liane and Karen.  We've been away together on annual 'jubilee' weekends for the last 30+ years.  We've prayed each other through all the stages of life from college on.  These sisters would do anything for me, including the flowers for my daughter's wedding.




        They worked their tails off for that day.  And it was bee-u-ti-full.  Which reminds me that I never wrote a post about the wedding.  Or one about our Jubilees.  Or...

        Hey!  I've got something to say!!  Next time!


          No comments:

          Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...