Friday, March 16, 2012

White Chicken Chili Soup

This is a wonderful recipe I got from my friend Cathy Tolls.  It’s really easy and fairly quick to make.  These are the kinds of ingredients I’m likely to have in my pantry so I could put this together at the last minute.  It’s hearty and really flavorful and goes very well with the No-Knead Bread I posted earlier.  Toast a couple slices to serve with this soup and you have a yummy meal!





White Chicken Chili Soup


2 lbs chicken tenders, cut into ½” pieces
2 medium sweet onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped or 2 tsp garlic powder
2 Tbl olive oil
4 cans (15½ oz) great northern beans
2 cans (16 oz) chicken broth
3 cans (4 oz) chopped green chilis
1 large green pepper, chopped (I used red & yellow mini-peppers)
2 tsp salt
2 tsp cumin
2 tsp oregano
1 tsp pepper
½ tsp cayenne
2 cups sour cream

Brown chicken in oil then sauté onions and peppers.  Rinse beans.  Add all ingredients together and simmer ~one hour.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...