Saturday, February 2, 2013

On a Saturday

Clear blue sky.
55°
Crocus, bluebells and daffodil are already peeking out of the dirt.


Trees are just beginning to bud, including our magnolia…


Today I filled four large trash bags with all my stuff I’ve been keeping for way too long.  FOUR!

I told Jeff last night that we should get rid of everything we haven’t worn in a year and bag it up for the Salvation Army.  He agreed!  (This was amazing because he is a saver not a purger.)  A little later I asked him what he wanted to do that evening and he said “Try on and wear all the clothes in my closet.”  Very funny.

Here’s what was going through my head as I emptied all my dresser drawers and took out every hanger in the closet…



You have to be in just the right frame of mind to get rid of things, don’t you?  Today was it for me. 

Time for a long walk outside!  I'll be wearing something I forgot I had in the back of my closet.  If you pass me pretending you don't know me, I will understand.
.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...