Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Popsicle weather and stuff


  • It’s warm and humid around these parts (90° and rising today) which means I’m trying out some new homemade popsicle recipes.  Yesterday I made chocolate raspberry pops with fat free/sugar free chocolate pudding and fresh raspberry puree.  Doesn’t that sound good?  Not so much.  But I’m not giving up… Pinterest, I hope you come through for me!
  • I wanted to post a darling photo of my girls when they were little, sitting beside the pool in Palm Springs sans swimming suits after a day at the beach.  They would always come home and take a dip in the pool that way to rinse off all the sand in their hair, ears and everywhere else!  But I know better than to invite trouble on the internet (or the protests of three 20-something young women who would prefer that their mother not completely embarrass them).  You’ll have to trust me - it’s adorable.
  • Someone, again (3rd time??) got access to our credit card number. My clue?  Two charges on our recent statement for online dating services.  I always think this only happens to other people but since I’ve now had my SS# used to file a fraudulent tax return, I know it can happen to any of us.  I sure wish there was a way to trace how it happens.  Moral of this story:  Check your monthly statements!!

  • I am babysitting a fish.  I know a fish doesn’t require as much attention as a dog but it is making me neurotic.  Every time I walk past the fishbowl I check to see if it’s still moving.  Nothing worse than having your fish die at your aunt and uncle’s house while you’re on vacation.  Why is it a fancy blue one and not just a regular goldfish which could easily be replaced without anyone noticing?  My brother did tell me that Maddy asked him this morning on the way over to our house, “What’s his name again?” so I guess she’s not too attached.  Day 1 and Zoomer is still in motion.
  • Color matters to you too, right?  All of the dahlias that I purchased at Costco this spring have turned out to be completely different colors than was advertised on the packages they came in and they don't look good together. I know they would take them back (they take anything back) but still.  The same thing happened with tulips I bought there last fall!  The degree to which I feel disappointed is ridiculous.
         
  • I made raspberry jam over the weekend with berries I didn’t pick myself.

  • If reading this blog is your entertainment today, you’ve suffered a major letdown.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your grandbaby is the most precious thing ever! I love seeing the photos and how Lisa is such a wonderful mommy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...