Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Juneuary


Hello June!
Hello?  Are you there? 
I read this on weather.com this morning:

... UNUSUALLY STRONG AND WET PACIFIC STORM SYSTEM TO IMPACT SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON AND NORTHWEST OREGON TODAY...
... ANOTHER PACIFIC STORM EXPECTED LATE THURSDAY NIGHT THROUGH FRIDAY MORNING...
AN UNUSUALLY STRONG LATE SPRING PACIFIC JET STREAM WILL AIM A UNUSUALLY MOIST BAND OF MOISTURE AT SOUTHWEST WASHINGTON AND NORTHWEST OREGON THROUGH FRIDAY. 

Notice the word 'unusually' used twice in one sentence.  Three times in one report.
 
What is "a [sic] unusually moist band of moisture?"
 
I'll show you.




I love the northwest - I really do!  I'll take rain over desert heat any day!

So... here's my thankful list for the unusually unusual moisture:

  1. The lakes are full

  2. The grass is very green

  3. We haven't hand-watered the garden once this year

  4. This is great read-a-book weather

  5. I can wear a sweater instead of a sleeveless top

  6. We have fairly new wiper blades

  7. I won't burn my hands on the steering wheel

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...