Saturday, February 13, 2010

Olympic Snapshots

I'm so horrified by the death of the young Georgian luge slider at the start of what should be one of most joyful and exciting events of the year. It's just unbelievable.

I so love the Olympics -
The unity that happens across cultures and ideologies.
The great stories behind so many of the athletes and their preparation.
The edge-of-your-seat excitement of a good contest.

I also have NO CONCEPT of the hard work, sacrifice and dedication required to prepare for such a brief moment in time. Why does it have to be such a short blip in the spotlight??

We've been to Vancouver BC many times and have also stayed at Whistler, so there's a touch of familiarity to the scenes on the tv screen - which hasn't ever happened to me before. I guess NBC is up against some criticism for its lack of full coverage. I'm just so glad it's being aired on a channel that comes across pretty clearly through our analog tv antennae!

Here are a few favorite images from yesterday - Opening Day of the 2010 Winter Olympics...
(I took zero of these shots - just in case you were wondering!)











































And this was my FAVORITE commercial of the evening! I'm sure we'll be seeing it a lot!



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...