Saturday, October 16, 2010

Blessed Rotten

Today was quintessential October in Oregon... blue sky, cold air, trees ablaze with color.  We watched the Dribbling Dragons win on the soccer field, had lunch with my dad and shopped with our youngest who needed clothes for rugby practice (can you say scrum or crash tackle?).

So we came home this afternoon and on the front porch is a BIG box. 

What did I order?  Nothing.

Whose birthday is it?  No one's.

So for no apparent reason, except that she is so thoughtful and loving, a mystery friend sent me this big box full of gorgeous fall goodness:



Candles and mugs, glisten-y pumpkins and salt & peppers...



Pumpkin butter, pumpkin soup mix and a pumpkin candle...



Do you see PaulaDeen's grin?  You should smell the candle!


I won't mention any names but it starts with H*llie and she's from the desert in California and she knows how much I love fall and sent me a box full!  For no reason!!  How does someone who just had baby #3 not long ago find the time or energy to be so thoughtful? 

BTW, there are an awful lot of Girlfriends in PS who keep having babies and changing their family structure.  How am I supposed to keep up?  I have you frozen in time with your little ones at a certain age and you keep changing your family dynamics!  Actually, in my mind, most of you aren't married yet or are at least without kids and you're coming over to my house for incredible potluck dinners, bible study and great sharing.  I miss you!!

I am blessed rotten for sure!

And to top it off...



Look at these three who are spending the night tonight!
(sorry for the blurry picture)

3 comments:

Marni G said...

Ummmm....Miss H*llie is the BEST! I'm just a wee bit jealous of your Fall fun :) I just (finally!!) pulled out my Fall stuff today so I feel like the season is starting to arrive! Side note...is that adorable black lab your new pup? Or is he just part of the sleepover?

BeckyB said...

Marni - That's my brother's lab, Oscar. He didn't want to miss out on the cousins sleepover. I want to hear about your new place! How fun for all of you to be so close.

Marni G said...

Oh Becky we LOVE it here! I'm down to 10ish boxes left to unpack and am waiting to add color to all the walls...MUST add color! We are so blessed to be in such a great neighborhood. The boys have fun every night going to ride bikes with all their friends while the Mommy's & Daddy's get to chat. We LOVE being so close to so many friends.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...