Tuesday, October 30, 2012

A beautiful day in the neighborhood



Yesterday was one of those incredible fall days in the Northwest – balmy, no rain, blue skies peeking through some white puffy clouds…








































We had to get out for a walk with our cameras.



Notice how I said ‘our cameras’ all casual like I am a real photographer.


The neighborhood where we live is the same one I grew up in.  That means it is mature.  There are lots of large trees which make for beautiful spring and fall walks.


These are the streets where I rode my banana-seat bike with the sting-ray handlebars.


Where I waited for the school bus and hit Dave D with my umbrella when he called me Becky Bratley.


Where we sat on the curb eating huge dill pickles or colored ice cubes in the summer.


(I hope you’ll forgive me for filling this space with so many fall photos – I am just overwhelmed with the colors in God’s creation and love sharing them with you!)




Many of the homes in our neighborhood have been remodeled and updated since they were built in the 1960’s and 70’s.  Ours hasn’t.  We are going for that retro look that is so popular now!











This short little street is one of my very favorites...







People who live here do a LOT of raking in October and November.





Today it’s raining like crazy again but I’m sure thankful for a lovely walk yesterday.  And thinking of all those on the East coast who are suffering through that terrible storm.

Thanks to my favorite photographer for going on walks with me, listening to me jabber along the way and sharing his photos for the blog.  I'm sure you haven't see the last of fall from me!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...