Saturday, May 11, 2013

Mothers





If you are a mother, I hope this weekend is full of expressions of love and thanks for all you are as a mother.  But even if it’s not, I hope you make it a day of thanksgiving.  I ache for the women who long to be mothers and have a difficult time facing this holiday.  For those who feel like they have failed at being a good mother.  For those who grieve the loss of a mother or a child.  If that is you, join me in going right to God and get what He is so ready to give us - His mercy and His help.  Hebrews 4:16 

Here are some links that I hope you enjoy, including two from right here…

The photos on this first one are priceless!

Some things I have learned about being a Mom
@320sycamore
* dark colored boys’ underwear is your friend.


Avoiding Disappointment This Mother’s Day
@tolovehonorandvacuum
Commercials tell us that we’ll get flowers, and chocolates, and pampering, and kisses.  But what if we don’t?  What if we wake up on Mother’s Day and no one is whispering at us to stay in bed so that we can await our breakfast? What if people are yelling about, “what is there to eat?”, and “where’s my other shoe?”, and “Johnny’s bugging me.”


Mother's Day for the Brokenhearted
@onethankfulmom
This Sunday we will see women who are suffering because they have not been able to become mothers and there is severe aching in their hearts. What we may not see are the women who have children in prison, those who are walking the long journey of mental illness by their children’s sides, and mothers in the midst of painful struggles with children who have rejected the family, or forsaken the faith they once held dear.


Grateful
@haveacupwithme
To be a mother means having your heart stretched beyond what you think is possible.  It’s facing up to your short-comings, finding out you know nothingand leaning heavily on God’s grace. 


Learned from my mom
@haveacupwithme
There are many things I learned from my mom - mostly by example rather than words.  I've spent the last few days trying to make a list (in no particular order of importance) of some of these bits of her legacy to me.


Why Mothers Cannot Give Up
@weareTHATfamily
We are amateurs in this teen mother-daugther world, she and I. We are learning how to dance through hormonal highs and lows, clothing battles, friendship heartaches and messy rooms. It’s not easy.


Tear-Stained Words of a Mother
@onethankful mom
When a family member has cancer, people surround you with love, they bring meals, send flowers, set up websites to assist you; they do anything to show they care. When your family member suffers from mental illness, no one brings you meals, or flowers or sets up websites to support you; they just stop talking about your son and they never mention his illness.


The Mystique of Older Motherhood or What A Crock
@antiquemommy
Sometimes y’all? The word Mom is the sweetest sound I’ve ever heard.  It tickles my ears like no music ever has. I remember how I longed and yearned to be called Mom for so long and it makes my heart melt like a popsicle on a summer day.  But then other times, after a long day, ‘Mom’ is the last word I want to hear.


And because I'm thinking lots about a precious baby on the way...




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...