Friday, April 18, 2014

Death and resurrection

There are so many talented writers who blog.  It’s humbling and inspiring all at the same time. 

For this Resurrection weekend, I thought I’d share several of my favorite quotes this week…


“Honestly, I don’t enjoy Holy Week.  As an optimist, walking through the darkness and hopelessness the witnesses of the events felt makes me squirmy.  I don’t want to linger in the dark parts, I want to fast forward to the celebration Resurrection Sunday… but doing so cheapens the very thing we celebrate.”  @lotsofscotts

Because we are people of the Resurrection. We believe in the impossible. We hope for the improbable.  @weareTHATfamily
 
“I believe that Jesus asked for us to remember Him during the breaking of the bread and the drinking of the wine every time, every meal, every day—no matter where we are, who we are, what we’ve done.  If we only practice remembrance every time we take Communion at church, we miss three opportunities a day to remember. What a travesty!”  @aholyexperience
 
Condemned. You pardoned me
Bound. You ransomed me
Orphaned. You adopted me
Dead. You died for me
Wretched. You washed me
Buried. You raised me
Powerless. You filled me
Purposeless. You sent me
@shaungroves
(Be sure to read all of Shaun’s beautiful poem ‘Downward Mobility’ at the link above.)


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...