Friday, January 9, 2015

Hidden treasures in hard places




This has been my view for the last week.  My 93 year old father is in the hospital after contracting the flu (despite a flu shot that we know has now been deemed largely ineffective against the current strain).  Poor guy.  He has been extremely sick and we’re still not sure where he will be or what shape he’ll be in when he gets through this.

Isn't it true that God often does His deepest work in us in hard places?  I get to know Him there if I lean into Him.

As I pray for direction and strength and healing and help, these words bring the peace I need so much because they are TRUE.  In the midst of much uncertainty, in my need to make many decisions, God’s promises to be with me and help me have been so much LIFE to me.  I hope they are life to you today too.  Our God is faithful!


The Lord is my Strength and my Shield.  My heart trusts in Him and I am helped.  
Psalm 28:7


You are my Help and my Deliverer, O my God.  Do not delay! 
Psalm 40:17


It is the Sovereign Lord who helps me! 
Isaiah 50:9


So I say with confidence ‘The Lord is my Helper.  I will not be afraid.’ 
Hebrews 13:6


Whether you turn to the right or to the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you saying ‘This is the way.  Walk in it.’ 
Isaiah 30:21


I will lead the blind by ways they have not known, along unfamiliar paths I will guide them.  I will turn the darkness into light before them and make rough places smooth.  These are the things I will do.  I will not forsake them. 
Isaiah 42:16


I will go before you and will level the mountains.  I will break down gates of bronze and cut through bars of iron.  I will give you hidden treasures, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the Lord, the God of Israel, who calls you by name. 
Isaiah 45:2-3

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...