Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Waiting


This morning in Isaiah 26:8 I read:

Yes, LORD, walking in the way of Your laws, we wait for You; Your name and renown are the desire of our hearts.

I have to ask myself - Is the desire of my heart that God will be well-known in my life? If it really is, then I can wait for Him. If I can't wait and instead try to manipulate my circumstances or explain them away from my perspective, then it's more about ME looking good than about His renown.

Waiting reveals who I desire to look good.

How I wait is crucial. Am I keeping my mind steadfast, checking my thought-life to be sure I'm trusting in Him and what He's doing? Am I rehearsing what I can see with my eyes more than what God has promised?

Waiting can be a humbling thing. Waiting on God doesn't usually bring a lot of glory to SELF. People wonder what you're doing. I can wonder what I'm doing!

But if I'm 'walking in the way of His laws,' I can wait knowing He's the one who will get the credit and attention and much-deserved glory. And that's a good thing.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...