Monday, November 12, 2012

Over & Out



This is the season when it’s not hard to become

Overwhelmed.
Overstimulated.
Overspent.
Outdone.
Out-dressed.
Out-given.

I’ll admit that the older I get, the less all the ‘stuff’ of the holidays is even attractive to me.  But I still have to be really intentional if I want to find worship instead.

When I open my eyes first thing…

Good morning, Lord.  
Thanks for this day. 
For eyes that see.  
Fill me with Yourself.  
I am Yours. 

Then shuffle to the coffee pot and my spot on the couch looking at one, maybe two verses in the quiet before the newspaper, phone, computer, traffic, lists, planning, needs...  Time with Him to hear what I need so much – Truth that will stay with me into the day and that will remind me what I am.

Out-loved.
Out-given.
Out-forgiven.
Overcome.
Overshadowed.
Overjoyed.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...